Access Portal release
Touchless access control with biometrics
Access Portal software provides all the features needed to manage your access control site –
whether large or small.
In this release:
New hardware support: additional models of hardware from Suprema, HID, Impro and Hikvision have been integrated.
HID Mobile Access: enhanced functionality, including user deletion, has been implemented.
No touch solutions: the range of Idemia, Suprema and Hikvision facial readers are integrated with
Access Portal to enable:
- Thermal sensing: set the temperature threshold through the software, to prevent access to
individuals with elevated temperatures.
- Face mask: ability to identify individuals without having to remove their face mask (device
- Remote enrollment: in addition to on-device enrollment, some units provide the ability to
upload user photographs for remote users.
Biometric capacity: this feature enables operators to quickly view the user capacity available on a
biometric device, to ensure there’s sufficient capacity.
In addition, the administrator can view the number of templates uploaded to each reader – great for
identifying a mismatch between the number of templates that should have been uploaded, versus
the amount actually uploaded for example, if there’s a corrupt template, saving time and user
Messaging: graphic icons and messages have been incorporated to provide visual user feedback on
the Impro BMTA and MDTA, removing any language or literacy barriers.
Expiry reasons: this feature enables a variety of expiry reasons to be added to the system, for
example, a mandatory safety certificate, or annual checkup, and alerts the user on arrival of their
impending suspension unless rectified. This is available exclusively to Enterprise users.
Languages: Access Portal is available off-the-shelf in 9 languages (English, French, Spanish,
Portuguese, Arabic, Simplified Chinese, Dutch, Greek and Bulgarian), with the added option of
custom languages where required.
OSDP: the new global open standard for access control is supported in Access Portal, in preparation
for Impro’s soon-to-be-launched OSDP products.
Who should use Access Portal?
The system is designed to operate from small to medium sites, all the way to multi-enterprise sites.
- We’ve built in features for quicker commissioning, such as virtual hardware which allows you to build the system without stepping foot on site.
- Upgrading a legacy system? Just import the tagholders through Excel, while the profile functionality lets you make one change and apply it to the selected profile group.
- The system also includes variety of diagnostics and easy to use upgrade tools, all aimed at making an installation simpler, quicker and better.
- Standard features include the ability to control what information operators can access, whilst also maintaining a full audit trail of any operations.
- Users can set up their own personalised dashboard, with commonly used actions (widgets) accessed straight from the dashboard.
- Wide variety of standard reports which can be accessed at the click of a mouse, or create your own customised reports.
- Integration of biometric readers, wireless locks and third party solutions such as CCTV, intrusion, elevator control and more.
- Future-proofing your investment with the incorporation of new technologies and hardware, as they’re released.